I have been running Blogz for quiet some time, its a blog specific search engine which helps the blog community to look out for other similar blogger’s. All this time, I have been receiving mails from people, looking for other better ways to promote your blog, everyone wants to take a pie out of this one. I believe that there are more blogger’s than blog seekers, so its a tough market to crack. Most of the traffic is still routed through the biggies such as Google, Digg or Stumble upon. Unless you don’t have a good page rank, and in-coming links, which of-course is built during a course of time by regular blogging, its kinda difficult to have an immediate stream of traffic. Here are a few places which I think can help you with this effort, particularly because some of them are human edited, thus distinguishing you from others, and some of them show random feeds displays or have other tools, which can give you a shot to your 5 minutes of fame. In the end, the truth is, its your content that will drive the traffic and not just directories pointing towards you. Will cover that in other post.
- 9Rules: Its a human edited collection of quality blogs from around the world on different topics, getting listed here will speak volumes about your quality. They have a periodic submissions pattern, so you need to track them often. Not for new comers, but a must if you prove your self as a serial blogger. Bookmark this.
- Technorati:Everyone submits to technorati, so why shouldnt you? There aim is to derive the best content from the blogosphere, and if you have the quality they would be happy to give you the traffic, make sure you go through the blog guidelines before submitting.
- BlogCatalog: A must! it powers your blog with capability of a social community and helps you connect and spread your blog to the people with similar tastes. As I have mentioned, it provides your with ample opportunity for that 5 minutes of fame.
- Blogarama: A simple blog directory, with free and paid listing. You can get rated here, and appear in different categories such as cool! and popular. They list you down into different categories.
- Syndic8: Its not just blog directories which matter, your feed needs to play as well. So this is a place for you.
- Poweredbywp: In case you are a word press fan!
- High Class Blogs: Maintained like good ol’ days
- Boing Boing: Can be difficult to get in if you are new, as it is a web directory of all good things, but if you think you have some quality stuff to be shared! You definitely want to be here.
- Ageless Project: A fun way to try!
- Blogz: It would be kind of unfair to my project if I didn’t mention it here, so am being a little selfish here
In the end, all I can say is that its not just about submitting to the right places and right time, its about blogging passionately irrespective of any audience. It should be a reflection of self, and you will get your hits.